“A word after a word after a word is power.”
Corporate Writing, Strategic Plans, & Communications.
Say what you mean, to the right audience, with the right tone. When you want to say something, sell something, convey something, or simply get your point across, I can help.
A writer, a communicator, a story-teller and another perspective for businesses, entrepreneurs, and not-for-profits looking to spread the word.
- White Papers and Issue Papers
- Development Materials
- “ask” letters
- Website Content
- Newsletters – corporate, not-for-profit, personal (digital and print)
- Blog Posts
- Commercial and Short Video Scripts
- Press Releases and Media Kits
- Corporate brochures and policy papers
- Talking Points
- Editorial Letters
- Marketing, Business, Communications & Strategic Plans
- Marketing Materials – brochures, leave-behinds, one-pagers, and more.
- Bios and Personal Statements
“. . . the ability to find in any given situation, all the available means of persuasion.”
Strategic Planning & Execution: What to say, to whom, why, and how.
Blending the tools of communication for your audience, your message, your point of view.
- Message development
- Events that drive home the message
- Communications plans and execution
- Media plans and execution — earned media, paid media, & social media
- Strategic Story Telling — creating your story and helping you tell it (click to learn more).
“The road to hell is paved with adverbs.”
Writerly Gigs: Doing what I love.
- Content marketing
- Copy editing
- Manuscript review and consultation
- Resumes and Bios
“The middle of every successful project looks like a disaster.”
–Rosabeth Moss Cantor, Harvard Business School
Project Management = Crisis Prevention.
Maybe I can help.
- Project Management, Oversight & Implementation.
- Media Relations & PR
- Gotta-get-it-out-the-door now!
My Client Promise.
I only take on the client projects I can handle, and I turn the work around quickly. A couple hours for a cover letter is just as critical as a long-term project, and everyone gets my personal, hands-on attention.
Clients include real estate firms, state-wide and national developers, several large state-wide not-for-profits, national not-for-profits, private schools, insurance companies, a mainland-based transportation consultancy, and more.
The Rest of the Story.
Program Fellow & Writer – Paris American Academy Creative Writing Workshop, every July, a magical month, a writers’ community sharing stories and words in Paris.
One-on-one consulting, tutoring and mentoring – working with young writers just figuring it out, whether it’s college essay prep, English comp classes, tutoring, or learning how to tell the story.
Writing workshops – local Honolulu writers, a virtual group of essayists, and another virtual group of novelists cranking out our epic best sellers.
Board Member – Hawaii Meth Project where I’m constantly blown away by the horror of the addiction and the resilience of those who survive and come out the other side.